• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG files in Illustrator appear off

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When designing vector files the SVG file format is moving paths (bunching on some areas and leaving gaps in others or the path is thinning out ) compared to the .ai or eps file formats of the same file. This has been happening often, but not always. Sometimes I'm able to make a copy of the .ai file and save again as SVG and that fixes it, but not always.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

First of all SVG should never be your work file. It's for exporting.

In order to fix the positioning, in the export options input a higher "Decimals" value.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Illustrator forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all SVG should never be your work file. It's for exporting.

In order to fix the positioning, in the export options input a higher "Decimals" value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the SVG format even support all of the types of fills and effects from within Adobe Illustrator? If I'm going to export something in SVG format I usually have to expand and flatten as many effects as possible to keep features in the artwork from breaking upon export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SVG format supports SVG filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines