• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG filters

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now working with svg's and want to apply filters. toutorialsw I am watchinmg shows a list of filters under Effects/SVG Filters but under min all I get is Apply SVG Filters and Import SVG Filters. I do not get the list. Am I suppose to have that list of those filters and, if so, how do I get them?

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, you should have access to about a dozen default SVG filters in the Effect menu. And they should be editable as well.

I seem to remember that sometimes they do not appear in the menu due to some unknown reasons and I think that it may be repaired by closing the application, trashing the main Illustrator Preferences file and then restarting Illustrator.

You may try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Still no filters. I tried tech support but The volumn on the support phone was so low I couldn't understand him. I appreciate your response

personal details removed by moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see this file in the Illustrator application folder?

If not, you may need to reinstall Illustrator.

svg filters.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file was not there so I deleted Illustrator with preferences. Re-installed Illustrator and still no svg filters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, That file is there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't delete Illustrator, always use the uninstaller.

If that does not work, try the CC Cleaner before installing:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't just delete Illustrator. I did uninstall it. Just used the wrong words. I will use the cleaner now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no SVG Filers. When I ran the cleaner, I chose product 21 which was Illustrator. Seems like it just removed illustrator. When i re-installed it, no Filters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear for my outlined text but they do appear for basic shapes. I have trashed the preferences many time, uninstalled Illustrater many times. Installed the previous version a couple of times. Still the same. The outlined text I want to apply the filter to just aren't there for this paticular file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines