Highlighted

Switching Tab issue on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have recently updated my mac os System in Catilina, and since this time, when I launch a second or a third file in the same time, the soft make the same screen as the first one, the name is good, but on screen it's allways the first one that I got. Some body have allready see that? or is it a bug? Please let me know, thank for your help. JJt

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Switching Tab issue on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have recently updated my mac os System in Catilina, and since this time, when I launch a second or a third file in the same time, the soft make the same screen as the first one, the name is good, but on screen it's allways the first one that I got. Some body have allready see that? or is it a bug? Please let me know, thank for your help. JJt

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please share version of Illustrator.
Also, try turning off GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seems to work but the soft run incredibly slow 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are currently investigating this issue. Please try these steps and share your observations:

• Close Illustrator
  • Open System Preferences > Energy Saver
  • Uncheck "Automatic Graphics Switching"
  • Launch Illustrator and turn on GPU Performance

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this worked for me. Had exactly the same issue on a new MacBook Pro 16", fresh install of everything and ran into this issue. Had seen other workarounds where going to window -> arrange -> Float all in windows at least allowed me to switch between the opened files.

Would be nice to re-enable the automatic graphics switching though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Is there any update on this? I do not have the "Automatic Graphics Switching" option on my Mac, so I must keep GPU Performance turned off. It's a big bummer--but better than losing work, which has happened as a result of this bug several times now 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue. I do not have the "Automatci Graphics Switching, as I am on a 2013 iMac, and my version of OS Catalina does not include that. This issue is extremly frustrating and has slowed my work load drastically. In addition to not switching between files, it won't even let me change the tabs on tools. Example: between align, pathfinder etc. Turning off GPU Performance does work, but then again, that is another issue that slows me down. Using animated zoom is a very useful tool for me. Please anyone with any other workarounds or updates on this issue, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines