• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols not updating

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue of late that comes and goes depending on the file and I can't seem to get to the root of it.

I open a file with a symbol in it and make a change to said symbol. However, when i click out it does not update the symbol. Any change I made does not update. I do this over and over again. I've closed out the file and rebooted Illustrator but still it continues to not update. I've only had this issue since updating to CC 2018. I've tried changing it from Dynamic to Static and no change, from Graphic to Movie Clip no change. I use these all the time and just since the update I've had this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share a file with an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem also.  The workaround I found is to delete instances of your symbol in your document and then add them back again in the same spot, which should at least work as long as you keep the file open.  This is practical only if you have a very limited number of copies of the symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that it was happening when I had guides in the symbol. Once I removed the guides when I clicked out it did update the symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's happen

It's funny, but if you wait some minutes PROBABLY your symbol will update.

If you save and close your file if you open it back symbol will be updated

Maybe it's problem with machines? performance?

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since our libaries are stored in the cloud, I would assume there is some kind of time connected to a refresh rate.  Sure would be nice to have a menu option to 'refresh' a symbol at will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue with a file that has about 100 of each symbol. Manual replacement is not ideal. I noticed that when I dragged a copy of a symbol that wasn't updating the copy suddenly updated. Then I just double clicked into a different symbol that wasn't updating to edit and when I exited all of the uncooperative symbols of that type updated. It's very mysterious but at least it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines