• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tablet pen less sensitive in illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I've been working in illustrator from quite a couple of years but recently when I switched to a new system, i.e Lenovo a940, the pen pressure started acting strange

it is that somehow the pressure sensitivity of the pen decreases in illustrator and I'm not getting sharp tangent line even on using the smallest brush for both blob brush and the normal brush
I've been trying to figure it out but its making me nuts

I don't even have any other tablet at this moment and it makes no sense to buy a pen tablet when I have a 27" screen to work on 
if anyone could help, that'd be a really big help

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

I had to somehow install the illustrator 2018 which seems to work perfectly for me
and the problem persists with this new 2020 software
and yes the pen I got with my system has 4000 pressure-sensitive points so there's  no point in it not working in a specific software 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update the tablet pen drivers if you have changed your hardware and install another copy of an OS.

Check too the settings of that device.

Would help a lot in this case to know the brand and model of it, and also de driver version indtalled for that tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's an all in one Lenovo a940 and the pen that comes with it I tried updating all the drivers and everything seems to be updated
plus I have re installed os 3 times and that didn't fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I am not familiar with your Lenovo a940 .

It uses a touch display, that means you can use a pointing device on it, maybe even the fingers directly i think, but I am not sure it has pressure sensitivity.

From a couple of videos I have seen on the web, it just draw lines but did not show pressure changes or other sensitivity to inclination rotation,... like you get when using a classic Wacom tablet with a pen with up to 8k pressure levels.

Please check the Cintiq area there: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/cintiq-22-hd

And see what differs from your touch display in an integrated computer.

While it can suit working with InDesign or Premiere, I do not know if with Illustrator or Photoshop goes further than a mouse or any non-pressure pointing device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to somehow install the illustrator 2018 which seems to work perfectly for me
and the problem persists with this new 2020 software
and yes the pen I got with my system has 4000 pressure-sensitive points so there's  no point in it not working in a specific software 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand it well,

It works on Ai 2018 and not in Ai 2020?

Have you tried in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines