• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabs not working properly, Ai performance issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with version 23.0.1 we now have the issue of the Tabs not working correctly. If i have 5 tabs open with different artworks on each it somehow will not show the art per tab. it will show one artworktab across all tabs and it will also go blank. Only resolution is to shut it down completely and restart Illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Hi Arna,

Thanks for sharing the video. I would request if you can try Resetting Preferences for Illustrator:

If that does not work, please try removing preferences manually:

For MAC

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to locations
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings folders.
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Important: Resetting preferences wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Sorry about this issue. Your issue is completely different from the last thread, hence I branched it to a new discussion. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating system(Exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • Some screenshots or a small video of the issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. I have multiple tab that I am trying to switch between but it is not working. I need to restart Illustrator for it to work again.

I am on macOs Sierra.

See video in link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl53k2seb452fxs/illustrator-tabs.mp4?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arna,

Thanks for sharing the video. I would request if you can try Resetting Preferences for Illustrator:

If that does not work, please try removing preferences manually:

For MAC

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to locations
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings folders.
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Important: Resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Srishti. I have reset my presserences but will have to wait to see if it works because Illustrator is not like this all the time. It happens inbetween. I will let you know if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arna,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti.

It seems to have worked because it has not happened again since i removed the preferences.

Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arna,

Thanks for confirming.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im so glad I finally found this article. For some reason this exact issue is hard to explain and search for because of the terms needed. Its not a memory problem, its not a Tabs problem as in Textual Tabs. Its a window display issue. Anyway I reset my preferences and hoping it fixes it. I will return to report. Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines