Highlighted

Text Box Rotates but Not Text

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I write text and want to rotate the letters the text box rotates but the text itself does not rotate. See capture. Why has this just started doing this? 

Trinity5C08_0-1601504327500.png

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text Box Rotates but Not Text

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I write text and want to rotate the letters the text box rotates but the text itself does not rotate. See capture. Why has this just started doing this? 

Trinity5C08_0-1601504327500.png

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has always been like that.

You need to use the rotate tool to rotate area text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I thought I could rotate the text. I'll use it this way. Thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a text box, this is the expected behavior. If you want the text to rotate, then use the dialogue box for the text tool. If you don't create a text box, however, when you select the text and get the baseline, the text will rotate. Perhaps that is what you are thinking of?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 1
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trinity5C08 It looks like you are trying to rotate area type. Illustrator uses point type and area type.

• Area type is when you click the type tool and drag out a box to type in.
  • Point type is when you click the type tool and then click the screen and start typing.
  • If you use point type, you will be able to rotate it just by hovering over one of the corners. 
  • Yours looks like area type so it is rotating within the area of the bounding box. 

If this is confusing, I included a video if you need it. Please excuse the cracking of my voice, it's pretty late where I am. :c) I hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0