• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Boxes Printing with Background Color

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a text box with some white copy on top of a green background. It looks normal on my screen; however, when I print, the text box area is clearly defined. Why did this just start? What setting am I missing? Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your layers panel expanded (use the 4th icon to the right to include it so we don't have to download - thanks). That way we might be able to see what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers-Panel.jpgThanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be something in my Adobe settings because I'm having the same issue in InDesign. Any suggestions?InDesignIssue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any transparency applied to the text box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked in the appearance panel. This looks right to me, but I'm hoping I'm wrong! I just need a solution. Thanks!Illustrator-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing selected in your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks normal. The text box also has nothing applied?

You could try this: https://creativepro.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the advice. I got all the way to the print options and then ran into this. The only options are Gray or RGB.

InDesign2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously you will have to create RGB, or there won't be color.

What kind of printer is it?And what do youprint it for? Is this just a layout print or the final production?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Lanier printer/copier. I've created and printed lots of files and documents in InDesign and Illustrator since coming to work here 10 months ago. This just started last week. Nobody else in my office has this problem. I really think it has to be one of my settings.

I just outlined the text and it printed normal. This isn't ideal, but it's a workable solution. Thanks so much for all of your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that isn't an ideal solution as eventually you will have a title something where the text will not look good. Try to go through your settings and look at your co-worker's as well and see if there is anything different. Might not be ideal, but the best I can think of given nothing seems off in the file itself. Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines