Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text clipping when printing

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I bought licensed fonts which I'm having text issues when printing a document within Illustrator. When the text is NOT embedded, the "Descender" portion of the text gets clipped when printing. When the text IS embedded, no issues whatsoever. I've read this article explaining why this happens.

https://fontbundles.net/blog/ask-a-font-creator-lets-talk-about-cut-off-text-in-microsoft-products

Is there a way to edit the text guidelines in Illustrator?

Thanks

TOPICS
Feature request , Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual info on your system, your printer, print settings, fonts used and how they are formatted and so on this is not going anywhere. Blanket "Can I...?" are not useful, especially on such specific issues. Obviously a screenshot of your layout might already help to clarify a lot as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had similar problems. But it doesn't happen with all fonts. When I bought Master Bundles fonts, there were no such problems. I don't know what it had to do with it. Maybe the fonts were of poor quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines