Highlighted

Text copied in Illustrator gets pasted outside of Illustrator as an Image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text copied within Illustrator gets pasted outside of Illustrator as an Image or if I try to use that text to name the file, it pastes nothing at all.

Example:

If I copy any text from Illustrator into the clipboard, when I paste into Word or an Email or Mac Notes, or Text Edit, or to name that illustrator file, ....the text is converted to an image.

I can however paste that same copy into the Email Address line or another Adobe product or to name a folder on my desktop. Just a few quick examples.

This is a relatively new problem after using it for 25 years.

Anyone? Thanks >Robert

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text copied in Illustrator gets pasted outside of Illustrator as an Image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text copied within Illustrator gets pasted outside of Illustrator as an Image or if I try to use that text to name the file, it pastes nothing at all.

Example:

If I copy any text from Illustrator into the clipboard, when I paste into Word or an Email or Mac Notes, or Text Edit, or to name that illustrator file, ....the text is converted to an image.

I can however paste that same copy into the Email Address line or another Adobe product or to name a folder on my desktop. Just a few quick examples.

This is a relatively new problem after using it for 25 years.

Anyone? Thanks >Robert

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you select the text instead of the text object?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same result. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert Hi.

Copy your text in Illustrator.

For Word, Click on the Paste option icon, select Keep Text Only.

K

Word Paste options.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - Thanks!

That works for Word.

That led me to discover for Text Editor and Notes, I can go to the top menu or shortcut keystroke to choose "Paste and Match Style".

For Mac Mail, you can go to preferences to change Composing/Message Format to "Plain Text"... which is a bit much, but it will work. 

However - I still can't use the text from Illustrator for renaming the file or paste to Messages for example. 

There should be a way to pull the text as "Plain Text" without formatting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Resources