Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text disappears in text box

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

I have been having some issues with Illustrator lately.

I work on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) with macOs Big Sur v 11.3.1 and Illustrator 25.3.1

I am designing an illustration with genetic code - so a long string of text without any space or caps - and when I come to increase the font size over the text box, it completely disappears and even when I go and larger the text box it won't reappear.

This is driving me crazy and can't seem to find a solution. Did it ever occured to any of you?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator cannot apply hyphenation to your text. So this will get tricky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I ended up doing it bit by bit manually but it is strange that Illustrator won't allow this kind of function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like it's working just fine. Hyphenation is based on the dictionaries supplied. What you are typing is not at all a word so how would it know how to hyphenate it. Since it can't be broken that way, and it won't "fit" in the box, it gets "pushed" to the next box in the text chain.

You might consider not using a text frame for this and just create it as a type object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines