• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text inside of Text Envelope Warp on top object

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to create an envelope distort with top object, using text and and text turned into a shape, I'm being given the message - This path requires a selection of multiple objects. The top object must be a single path or mesh, or a symbol containing a single path or mesh. 

When I did it with text and a shape envelop warp on top object worked.

When I turned the text into a shape and did envelope warp on object my text did not warp inside the shape I turned the text ino.  Is there any suggestions.  I searched and searched but haven't found anything on text to text shape envelope warp on top.

I've attached a video of me trying to warp text on top of text after making the text a shape. I also showed a successful attempt at warping on top.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After you have gone to Create Outlines for the type object which is to be the top object for Envelope Distort, go to the Layers panel and click the disclosure arrow at the left of the active layer. You should find that the selected object is listed as a Group. Click its disclosure arrow and you should find Compound Path. So Object > Ungroup, then Object > Compound Path > Release should result in the selected object becoming Path. This can now be used as the top object for the distortion.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines