• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text layers broken apart.

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there... My colleague and I both work on the same .ai file.  When I send it to her, the text layers are as they should be.  When she sends it back to me, the text layers are broken apart into many separate layers, and layer grouping is often dissolved.  Any ideas about what might be happening here and how to fix this??  Thanks.Before.pngAfter.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you both using the same version of AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She's on 24.2.

I'm on 25.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's your reason for this.

You have to save down the file for her version.

Or better: install the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you select the Calcium Pentathinate item right above the one you have selected. It seems to be one of the items that has been fractured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calcium Pentathinate is broken into five independant layers.  Whatever layer is under the cursor is selected.  If I click anywhere on 'Calcium' then the layer 'Calcium' is selected.  If I click the 'P' of the 'Pentathinate', then only the 'P' layer is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines