• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Modification Help

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm fairly new to illustrator, and I was wondering if anyone here would know how I could achieve this text modification where a letter is folded into itself and by doing so creating that negative space? I'm having quite a difficult time trying to figure out how to do this, couldn't find any tutorials on this, any help would be amazing! 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is something you cannot derive from the letter shapes by using Illustrator functionality.

You would use the original letter shape as a template and then first sketch it, refine it and then draw it. In order to get these equal width negaive shapes, you would use functionality such as outline stroke or Offset path, but other than that it is manual work first, then vectorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Goldy,

Can you show the kind/style of letters you plan to start out with, and give a description of the desired effect, preferably on different letters maybe based on the L and the a shown already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines