Highlighted

Text size changes when moved via the Transform palette

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered an issue just recently with text changing size when it is repositioned via the Transform palette.  For example:  I enter text at 8pt. font size, 9pt. leading and 100% horizontal scale.  I move the text by entering a new "x" and/or "y" value in the Transform palette.  The text moves to the new location, but it changes to 7.9997pt. with 8.4997pt. leading and 99.9956% horizontal scale.  Note: This happens with all fonts.  Would appreciate any help with this!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

bh,

I am afraid it is an unfortunate effect of going from three to four decimals yet to be weeded out.

You may read on here, and join the request:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39906568-illustrator-24-1-metric-precision-broken

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text size changes when moved via the Transform palette

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered an issue just recently with text changing size when it is repositioned via the Transform palette.  For example:  I enter text at 8pt. font size, 9pt. leading and 100% horizontal scale.  I move the text by entering a new "x" and/or "y" value in the Transform palette.  The text moves to the new location, but it changes to 7.9997pt. with 8.4997pt. leading and 99.9956% horizontal scale.  Note: This happens with all fonts.  Would appreciate any help with this!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

bh,

I am afraid it is an unfortunate effect of going from three to four decimals yet to be weeded out.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39906568-illustrator-24-1-metric-precision-broken

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bh,

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39906568-illustrator-24...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Jacob.  I performed the same steps on a different computer using Illustrator 24.1, and there were no issues, so it must be a bug in the new version.  Hopefully, it will be fixed soon...it is driving me crazy!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, bh.

You can downgrade your current computer and wait it out; and try to speed it up by joining the request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0