• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text small to large (reversed pennant) - how to?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned how to do the text for pennants from this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-do-i-make-pennant-style-type/td-p/9705467

But, I also want to have a pennant reversed (pennant goes right to left, so type goes from small to large). I tried doing the horizonal  +22 (instead of -22) but it's not working as well as the left to right/large to small.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Since you are making the warp with the top object, the shape should be on top, not the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set this up using Envelope Distort 

Make the shape of your banner, with the pointed tip removed. Select it and the text, and go to Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Top Object. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 4.46.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-16 at 4.46.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've tried everything I know to do (admittedly not a lot!), but keep getting the message "This requres a selection of multiple objects. The top object must be a single path or mesh, or a symbol containing a single path or mesh."

I've made sure to place the type on top of the banner. I've tried creating outlines for the type and also grouping the type. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add, of course selected both the banner and the type/object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out how to fix from another post. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are making the warp with the top object, the shape should be on top, not the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines