• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrap slows computer

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a document that is mostly text. I've recently added a text wrap to it, just a simple square and applied text wrap to it. But it is slowing Illustrator down considerably! If I delete the text box, Illustrator works at its normal speed, if I add in a square (or any other shape) and apply text wrap, it slows down the entire program. Even if I'm working on another art board doing something completely unrelated to the text wrap and the text it affects, Illustrator is incredibly slow. I've worked with Illustrator for years and never seen it run this slow. Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, is there a reason you are designing this in Illustrator instead of InDesign? Sounds like you're designing a layout with a good amount of text. Illustrator's Wraps are very limited in what they can do as compared to InDesign.

What I always tell my students, if you even think of calling it a layout, do it in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so that answers the question. I see. Illustrator slows down after text wrapping to penalise the user for not working on In Design. Very cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines