• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Textbox jumping

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I change the text orientation from say left aligned (see screenshot) to centered the whole box (and not only the text within the box) will jump to a different position. I. e. the left margin of the left aligned textbox. WHY? This is very annoying behaviour and does not make any sense, does it? What is the idea behind it?

Regards

Jürgen, Berlin

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That irritating behaviour has always been there (nobody knows why).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite sure that should they ever change it, a couple of people will appear asking why that useful behaviour got changed. Like always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, changing existing behaviour always gets resistance (unless it is an option that can be turned on/off).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is worth to mention it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime Kelso Cartography has a script that can chage the alignment without moving the text

http://kelsocartography.com/scripts/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, very funny and typical Adobe. Other companies have made a market out of fixing illustrator stuff. Take Astute for example and their plug-ins. Without those serious vector work in illustrator is impossible. I wish I did not have to run a plug-in, script, whatever, but have a program (that is not cheap by the way) that works properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines