• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The bounding box is bigger then the actual text/object:

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have text in which bounding box appear to be larger than the actual text. I have reset bounding box  but it does not work. Below is the screenshot for actual clarification.
https://ibb.co/pXzr2z4

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Ah, I see, Haziq.

It looks as if it has accidentally been applied on top of (the boundary of) an existing path thereby becoming Area Type (to fit/fill that path).

I believe you may have then started over and creating a new Type instance as just independent Type, sometimes referred to as Point Type.

If you still have the original instance with the big box, you can go on typing (with the Type Tool) and see what happens with the Box/text: if the box retains its size and the text breaks to a n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I have to manage to solve this by creating the text box again. Still, I have not managed to find the root of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haziq,

The Bounding Box is always larger than live Type (editable text).

If you need a Bounding Box that fits tightly round the live Type, you can:

1) Tick Use Preview/Artwork Bounds in Edit>Preferences>General;
2) Select the live Type with the (normal) Selection Tool and Effect>Path>Outline Object.

Remember to go back to normal afterwards to avoid other things becoming weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob Bugge  Thanks for the response. The bounding box is always bigger to some extent but it is not bigger 4th size of the text if you look below in this link below:

https://ibb.co/pXzr2z4

In above link it is shown the bounding box is much bigger it is suppose to be the size of the text but it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU SO MUCH YOUR GREAT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Mohsen, and thank you for your kind words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see, Haziq.

It looks as if it has accidentally been applied on top of (the boundary of) an existing path thereby becoming Area Type (to fit/fill that path).

I believe you may have then started over and creating a new Type instance as just independent Type, sometimes referred to as Point Type.

If you still have the original instance with the big box, you can go on typing (with the Type Tool) and see what happens with the Box/text: if the box retains its size and the text breaks to a new line at the end/boudary, that is Area Type.

By the way, when you delete an Area Type, the original path is also deleted; so you may have one path less than you had initially, if you deleted the Type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob Bugge  That might be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haziq,

I added a few bits more before seeing you latest post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob Bugge Thanks for the additional info 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Haziq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Jacob_Bugge's post is correct and solves the issue, please mark it as correct. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines