• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The colour difference between "Save for Web" and exporting JPG with a script.

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need some help.
I have a script that exports JPG. This is a very simple script, nothing special.
The problem is that on one computer, there is a difference between manually exporting the file using "Save for Web" or using a script. To me, it looks like the difference between RGB and CMYK.
However, both the manual and the script export work fine on my computer as well as on the other two computers. So I can't even simulate the situation.
I checked the colour settings in Illustrator and they are the same as on my computer.
Does anyone here know where to look for a solution?

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Save for Web in Scripts may require to explicit set its options or creating an export preset that is referenced in the script. It does not automatically inherit all the last settings from a user interactive save. This has forever been an annoyance.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the solution can be to save settings in Save for Web and then refer to this file in the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ka-Tja,

See the link below for the JPEG Export Options and Properties you can use to modify your script.

https://ai-scripting.docsforadobe.dev/jsobjref/ExportOptionsJPEG/

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked there a lot. But there are no options to control colour settings therefrom. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you take the 2 files you created on the computer having issues, and open them on another computer, are the images looking similar? Can you share those 2 files so we can review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

I can see the difference when I open files created on the computer with issues.

Here I have two jpgs therefrom.

You can mostly see it on red, orange, light blue and greenish in the last line.

manual.jpeg

scripted.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 15.40.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines