Highlighted

The file "example.zip" is in an unknown format and cannot be opened.

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! may I ask why i cannot open my eps file in Illustrator? it keeps saying its an unknown format. but before this i can open it. please help me

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Larry is absolutely correct. You are trying to open ZIP file with the app which is not supported. Please use any ZIP extractor tool(like Winzip, or 7z) and extract the files. Once done, open the extracted EPS file. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The file "example.zip" is in an unknown format and cannot be opened.

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! may I ask why i cannot open my eps file in Illustrator? it keeps saying its an unknown format. but before this i can open it. please help me

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Larry is absolutely correct. You are trying to open ZIP file with the app which is not supported. Please use any ZIP extractor tool(like Winzip, or 7z) and extract the files. Once done, open the extracted EPS file. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unzip the file first. The file in the error message is not an EPS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 1