Highlighted

The icon copied to AI under Adobe XD cannot be edited. The file copied to AI is a bitmap or a vector

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon copied to AI under Adobe XD cannot be edited. The file copied to AI is a bitmap or a vector graphic. It used to be OK.

Topics

Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The icon copied to AI under Adobe XD cannot be edited. The file copied to AI is a bitmap or a vector

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon copied to AI under Adobe XD cannot be edited. The file copied to AI is a bitmap or a vector graphic. It used to be OK.

Topics

Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and details about what the artwork is actually made of nobody can tell you much. Simply sounds like you used a style that requires rasterization because otherwise the appearance cannot be retained.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XD I use is the latest version, AI is cc2020 version 24, is win10 system version 1909, and I use MAC 10.15.4 at home. With the same XD and AI version, I can copy and paste freely into both software, which can be edited as vector.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us step by step what you're doing.

Please check the layer panel as to the nature of your objects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XD I use is the latest version, AI is cc2020 version 24, is win10 system version 1909, and I use MAC 10.15.4 at home. With the same XD and AI version, I can copy and paste freely into both software, which can be edited as vector.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are sure that the objects aren't just grouped?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried. Vector graphics that are grouped or not can't work. Pasting them into AI is also a picture.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshot from Xd and from Ai

Please include the layers panel in both of the screenshots. Layer needs to be opened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people have already written about this problem in different topics. But we still haven't a working solution. The problem is obviously not with our computers. The problem is related to a bug that occurred after one of the latest Adobe XD updates. Now I have the latest version of Adobe XD (30.3.12) and the problem remains.

Important clarification! This error occurs when copying a vector object from Adobe XD to Adobe Illustrator (using the Ctrl+С and Ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts). Previously, when i copying the vector graphic, it transferred to Adobe Illustrator as a vector graphic. But now it is converted to bitmap image.

Video with this issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Bc9DY2eBELAlUdwBa9GpZSJmagnybRR/view?usp=sharing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines