• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Lag is Real

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else noticing Illustrator lagging more than ever before the last few months? I've checked and unchecked GPU performance, added a secondary scratch disk, made sure my mac has enough storage, updated my apps, re-started my computer, made sure I wasn't running any other adobe apps at the same time, gave it a day or two off, let it take a nap, gave it a pep talk, & told it how beautiful it is... nothing. Driving me nuts. I guess I'm more just venting at this point and hoping I'm not alone/it's not just my computer. I have the latest macbook too & over a 100 gbs of extra space right now. Whyyyy. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the UI Scaling under User Interface settings? It seems to have an effect on screen redraw and if set to the lowest setting it can contribute to UI lag. Can you try changing it to a higher setting to see if there is any improvement in performance?

(this is not really a solution, I'm just trying to understand if this is what you meant by Illustrator being laggy in general)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're not alone... illustrator hasn't worked fast for me since the 2019 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines