Highlighted

The mysterious "Unknown Error"

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Catalina 10.15.6

Illustrator 24.2.3

I keep getting the "An unknown error has occurred" when I try to save my work as an AI or PDF file. Its not 100% of the time, but when it happens I have to reboot my machine to get it to work again. I saw on previous threads about hidden or locked layers so I unsuccessfully tried that. I just uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator and that didn't work either. I have no embedded images - its just vector shapes and some text. The artboard is fairly large (110" x 121") Some help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The mysterious "Unknown Error"

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Catalina 10.15.6

Illustrator 24.2.3

I keep getting the "An unknown error has occurred" when I try to save my work as an AI or PDF file. Its not 100% of the time, but when it happens I have to reboot my machine to get it to work again. I saw on previous threads about hidden or locked layers so I unsuccessfully tried that. I just uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator and that didn't work either. I have no embedded images - its just vector shapes and some text. The artboard is fairly large (110" x 121") Some help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the fonts checked and 100% OK? What kind of fonts are they?

Do you use font management and is it compatible?

Where do you save files? Is "Save in background" turned on or off? Can you turn it off?

Is there a printer installed, turned on and set up as the default printer? Is the printer driver up to date? If there are other printers installed, are they available at all times?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, we have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared on this link and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0