• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the name on the dataset is different from the name of the export file ("VariableImporter.jsx" Ai)

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem when exporting the dataset, which data has been imported using https://github.com/Silly-V/Adobe-Illustrator/blob/master/Variable%20Importer/VariableImporter.jsx

My process using the script is:

1. Run the script

2. Export CSV

3. Set the dataset name

4. Import Variables

5. Export as PNG

Even though the csv file was successfully imported, then the name of the dataset was in accordance with the settings when the script was run, 

Image 4.png

But the export results did not match the name of the dataset (Export as PNG), as in the image belowImage 5.png

what should I do so that the file name matches the name on the dataset, the problem might be because there is a dot in the dataset name, how do I solve it?

Please help me 🙂

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an interesting issue which may be related to dots in the file names.

You could try to work around this by using other symbols such as underscore for dots in the dataset names, exporting the files and then using a batch-renaming utility such as Batch Rename in Adobe Bridge to convert the underscores back into dots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to implement batch-renaming in adobe illustrator in VariableImported script?

can you give me a hint ?

sorry I am still a beginner using Adobe Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The VariableImporter script does not do batch-renaming, but using Adobe Bridge you can just go to its menu bar, then Tools  and under there will be the "Batch Rename" option. It's a few extra steps, but I suppose if this sort of file convention is producing some unreliable results from Illustrator's native processes (when it turns the dataset name to a file name) then it is the next-best thing. 

Silly-V_0-1610828422382.png

Silly-V_1-1610828517193.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines