• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The New 639 page "Adobe Illustrator CC Help" Book is a Free Download

Advocate ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need Adobe’s “Help”? We’re referring to the user manuals, which Adobe calls “Help.” Adobe had been frequently updating these as PDF books.

This week, Adobe has started to release the first set of CC books since June 2016 (they’re free downloads):

* Adobe Illustrator CC Help (639 pages): http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/illustrator_reference.pdf

* Adobe InDesign CC Help (657 pages): http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/indesign_reference.pdf

* Adobe Photoshop CC Help (960 pages): http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

They’re promising more of these books, next month, to create a complete library for the family of apps, which come with the full CC subscription.

Some of us remember when printed books came with the apps when they were sold in boxes with DVDs or floppy disks.

But, why do we need user manuals in a digital age? Can’t you just get this stuff online? We have not tested every topic in the books, but historically, the books were a compilation of what you can search for on Adobe’s Support site: http://helpx.adobe.com. For many of us in ongoing higher education, books are a far more effective than topics online. The power of Adobe Acrobat allows us to electronically mark-up these electronic PDF documents, so they become something like a physical workbook. Acrobat DC’s editing power allows users to add digital sticky notes, do marker highlighting, scribble notes, etc. on computers and mobile devices.

These books offer a great essential resource to corporate and governmental subscribers, who are surrounded by deep security, in an environment where Internet access is not provided.

As big as those books are, we know of people who have them printed. These books are that important. For wise people studying for certification exams, they study these books cover to cover. They’re indispensable references for consultants, authors, and presenters, too. These books are Adobe’s official word on the use of their apps.

So, thank you, Adobe. We hope other of the key media technology product suppliers will take notice and follow your lead.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We posted this in the U2U forums for InDesign and Photoshop as well as the Lounge.

Janet & I are pleased at the reposes this is getting.

We'd love Adobe to see a bunch of downloads for these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea, Brian. Thanks for the post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot begin to tell you what a relief this is. Thank you.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tromboniator  wrote

I cannot begin to tell you what a relief this is. Thank you.

Peter

I think that's how all of us in all of us fee,l Peter, who need an official reference.

Janet & I often need a resource which tells us exactly how Adobe has developed a feature to operate. And, until now, we had nothing for features created in almost 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was truly hoping to finally find some concrete info. Yes, great to finally have these. Im sure they ll come in handy. But no help for me right now atm. I want to migrate all my custom Illustrator prefs, hotkeys, workspaces to a new machine. Sierra to high Sierra between CC2018 and CC2018. Export / Import Settings does not work. Sync via Cloud was discontinued by Adobe (WHY 4 Fs sake???). And nothing so far in the section about customising your workspace about how to save and keep using all that work, in those references. Shame actually. Anyone got something for that? Would be really great. cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Redbbwolf  wrote

I want to migrate all my custom Illustrator prefs, hotkeys, workspaces to a new machine.

You may want to start a new topic.

But, have you utilized the standard Apple migration methods? The usually moves everything you had on one machine over to another so the new Mac mirrors the other.

If you are trying to do something unique, however, starting a new topic, specific to your needs should prove more helpful to you and get Adobe's Support people to respond more quickly. I don't want your needs to get lost in a thread about new Help books.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Brian+Stoppee  wrote

Redbbwolf   wrote

I want to migrate all my custom Illustrator prefs, hotkeys, workspaces to a new machine.

But, have you utilized the standard Apple migration methods? The usually moves everything you had on one machine over to another so the new Mac mirrors the other.

Here's a good article on the basics of Mac Migration:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers mate. But I only want to have the nice parts of my old set up. Not the whole thing as its comvoluted and messy. but thank you. I did make another post and regular AI wizz Monika Gause sorted me out in no time flat. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did make another post and regular AI wizz Monika Gause sorted me out in no time flat.

Monika does fabulous work in the public forums. I'm pleased you started a new post and found the help she is so great at providing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click link for the 3 help file books.  I cannot get to the place to download the pdf's.  I seem to be taken to community and "Download and Install".  If I do that then it wants me to try or buy.  Why don't the links go straight to the files.  Adobe seems to take you in circles and impossible to find the pdf's.  Is it really this difficult to download 3 help books?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old post. PDF Help files have not been updated since a long time. They are currently here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/illustrator_reference.pdf

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/indesign_reference.pdf

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for those links!

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for those links!

You are quite welcome. This is a very exciting restart for Adobe.

We're revved to get the whole library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines