• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The operation cannon complete because of unknown error .[2067]

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello today one of our users started experiencsing the mentioned errror.We are using several Illustrators , all are on the same version and settings.The error occurs only on one of them.I`ve tryed to use the default settings and re-checked if everything is up to date.The problem is with .DXF files.I cannont find any information about it .There`s only one post for it and the solution is to update your illustrator.

If someone has a simmilar issue or knows how it can be fixed please post in here.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi All,

I understand that some of you have been experiencing difficulties with opening or importing DXF/DWG files in Illustrator. I want to assure you that the product team has worked diligently to resolve this issue.

After careful investigation, it has been determined that the problem is with the DXF/DWG files themselves. They were not created in accordance with the proper file format specifications, and as a result, they are causing errors when attempting to open or import them in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue. Today I wanted to open .DXF file and I saw this error. Haven't seen before 'coz worked properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked version 2020 and 2019 and it works okay. So it looks there is something wrong with the latest update of 2021 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to share a sample dxf file with us and we can try to check internally. You can share it as a private message.

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mario,

Could you try installing an older version and check if that works. Also, please share a sample file.

Thanks,
Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2020 version of illustrator works fine.

The problem is that have to open the files in 2020(24.3) , save them as pdf and then open them with  2021.

Wetransfer link :https://we.tl/t-D7z9qlSSEr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mario,

I tried creating a PDF of the file in Version 2020 and then opened the PDF in 2021 and that worked fine. However, opening .dxf file directly on CC 2021 is giving an error. We are trying to check internally. For now, the only workaround I can suggest is to continue using the CC 2020 version.

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikhil hi, 

This problem with .dxf files and illustrator CC 2021 has STILL not been fixed. 

Your response to the post above was made on Feb 17th, why has this issue not been sorted out yet?

To put it mildly, it is infuriating that I cannot do something so simple as open a dxf file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. I can't seem to figure out how to download Illustrator 2020 through.

The App versions available to me are: 

I've tried them all and can't open DXF on any of them...

I used to have a different version installed I guess. I had a PC crash and they had to give me a new one and had to install Illustrtor new.. so it was working before fine.

Now I'm in trouble. I am getting .dxf files from Onyx and can't export them as anything else.. only way to potentially fix it is to print a new file, not going to work for me in the long term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - still. It is extremely frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Julie22264133prwf & @default559y0jvmlizt,

We are sorry about the trouble. This issue was fixed in v25.0.1, but it has resurfaced in the later releases. I have forwarded this issue to the product team, and they are currently working on it. I would suggest you please be patient and stay tuned for the updates. If you need your DXF or DWG files converted into Illustrator files, please DM your file to me, and I will try my best to deliver it to you.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same issue, I have dm'd you but can't seem to attach .dwg files to the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Annechien22691981h0lc,

I've replied to your DM.

Please check!

Regards,

Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini is there any update about this topic?
I have to work with some dxfs (dxf-aama) and get the issue with Ai 2022... I need to keep an old Ai2021 (25.0.1) to be able to open them...
Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not trying to pile on but I'm having the same issue.  When are you thinking we'd be able to get a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been three weeks and any sort of reply would be nice.  I'm still having the same issue and waiting is getting pretty annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want a quick answer, don't post in old threads. Your post is buried in a text wall in here and it's difficult to figure out exactly what issue you are experiencing, because in a thread like this, people describe a wide array of things.

So you might want to create a new thread and describe step by step what's happening. And also: your system and version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue...

The oldest Ai. version I can see is - 25.4.1 (2021) which cannot open .dxf.

How can I download an older version that can open .dxf file?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I install an older verison of illustrator, this is extremely frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this dxf problem is back again in version 26.0.3 *sigh*. Very annoying! Can't do my job properly like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed? My illustrator was working fine with .dwg files until the last update...now a project I worked on Friday is unable to open in illustrator.  PLEASE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same problem.   Issue is back with 26.1 and I tried several previous versions available to me in CC (v 5.6.5.58) and those also are not able to open a dxf. 

Generating dxf files in CAD and bringing them into Illustrator is a common part of my workflow for several years so this issue has been a difficult work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @danielleb54578693 & @Matthew23478576h6jp,

I am sorry for the trouble. Would it be possible for you to share the download link to the DWG / DXF file with me via DM or here, as this issue was introduced in 25.0.1, and you started facing the issue in v26.1? So, there could be something wrong with the DXF/ DWG files, which is why it gives the error 2067. I would be happy to check it and try to convert the file and share the Ai file with you.

Looking forward to the files.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like the dxf from fusion360 are now working with 26.1, such as box_2.dxf (attached). But one like box-1.dxf, from a web-based template generator, still does not work.
Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me @Matthew23478576h6jp. I guess you have tried to upload the DXF files, but they didn't upload as they may not be supported, or the file size must be bigger. Please upload them to Creative Cloud, Dropbox, or any other similar services and share the download link here.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines