• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The operation cannot complete because there isn't enough memory

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the posts I found on this were outdated for at least 3 years, and don't apply to this version as far as I can tell.

I have 1 GB of memory free. I have tons of virtual memory free. And Illustrator has plenty of disk space for the scratch disk.

I am unsure of what to do to fix the problem. This should be a stable version now, I assume.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Whi ch version?

Which system?

How much RAM is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whi ch version?

Which system?

How much RAM is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 25.01

64-bit Windows 10 (build 19042)

There's 8 GB of physical memory.

But I thought it would use the scratch disk when it runs out of memory.

But I think I fixed. I turned off GPU Performance and haven't gotten the error message again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you could solve it.

According to the requirements 8 GB is not a lot of RAM, but just the bare minimum: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told to create a new topic around this issue since I last time posted about the problem on an older thread, here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/this-operation-cannot-complete-because-there-isn-t-enough...

Though it seems this is exactly the same issue I pointed out there.

I'm running macOS Big Sur with Macbook Pro 2019, Intel Core i7, 16 Gb of DDR4 and Radeon Pro 555X 4Gb ( Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB ) with the latest Illustrator 25.2.1 and this issue keeps popping up. It also happens in my iMac late 2020 ( i9, Radeon 5700, 64gb of ram ) with macOS Catalina that definitely should have the power to do the resize with GPU and automated zoom on.

Turning the GPU Performance off is a "solution" to this but I think my macbook should have enough juice to run its course even witth the GPU performance on. The file im currently working on is a set of artboards for a mobile design of a webpage. Size of the saved file is 3,6Mb and the problem occurs when i copy and paste a logo from another file ( size 464kb ) and try to resize or move it. Logo has inner glow effect on it, but there was no issues on working with the logo earlier ( i believe this started after updating illustrator 25.xx ). This issue also happens if im working on the logo file itself.

I tried to turn off the Inner glow effect and resizing was able to perform on few occasions. Yet, i think my iMac at least should keep up with this even when having the inner glow effect on.

Both macs have plenty free HD space and memory available ( I have tried closing down the applications and restarts. )

Weird thing is that if I try to set the logo up with Drop Shadow effect ( and tune it to have high performance settings in order to resize it ) it does perform completely normal. Is there a big difference here with these two effects that causes the problem for example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably some conflict between your card driver and the Illustrator version. Often this happen here with a lot of adobe apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me too.

As always, the best solution is the simplest one.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines