Highlighted

the quality is poor on illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a facebook profile picture on illustrator and when I uploaded it, the quality was very poor..How can I adjust the quality so that the exported result is sharp?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by KShinabery212 | Adobe Community Professional

Facebook compresses images and graphics.  This compression is so that countries with slower internet can easily view images quickly.  They have gotten better over the years and I do not notice the pixelation as much, but it still can happen.

Another possibility is that you are uploading it as low res.  I always have my res set to 300 dpi. 

But most likely it is Facebook compressing your image.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

the quality is poor on illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a facebook profile picture on illustrator and when I uploaded it, the quality was very poor..How can I adjust the quality so that the exported result is sharp?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by KShinabery212 | Adobe Community Professional

Facebook compresses images and graphics.  This compression is so that countries with slower internet can easily view images quickly.  They have gotten better over the years and I do not notice the pixelation as much, but it still can happen.

Another possibility is that you are uploading it as low res.  I always have my res set to 300 dpi. 

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AW,

Facebook and other social media are notorious for detroying/uglifying artwork by downgrading (to save bandwidth or some other excuse).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 0