• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The UI on the character select dropdown is oversized and cuts off

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this issue? As you can see in the images attached, the dropdown menu for character select is oversized and cuts off. There is no scrolling on it either. I've already tried all the settings on the User Interface Panel. I have also set the scaling to 100% on my PC, and it did not fix the issue either. 

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what to do?Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (5).png

The other drop-down menus:

(below character select on the right panel)

Screenshot (6).png

(Font size menu on top)

Screenshot (4).png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I see the cropped drop down menu. I'd recommend resetting the preferences once.

You may follow the steps provided on https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences)

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, Make sure yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the preview of custom selected text is just a snippet that is cut off if it exceeds a certain length.

As for now, you cannot do anything to cure it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I see the cropped drop down menu. I'd recommend resetting the preferences once.

You may follow the steps provided on https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences)

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, Make sure you have Windows 10 and Graphics Card driver updated to the latest version. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot on, thank you. I tried the shortcut and did not fix the problem, so I when to the Roamin file and deleted my Illustrator & Photoshop Settings. I did lose all my settings, but it's worth the hassle of having to customize my settings again.

What it looks like after the reset:

Screenshot (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which files and/or directories did you delete, specifically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue, and I have already reset my preferences...

type menu cutoff 4-2022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines