Highlighted

This file has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I just updated to Illustrator 2020 (24.0) and now I get the below message whenever I try to save an Illustrator file I'm working on...

"This file has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue?"

I've searched the forums and found this mentioned, but only in old posts. It seems to be attributed to updating to Mac OS 10.13, but I am not using a Mac. I am using Windows 10 and the only thing I've done recently is update Illustrator to the newest version 24.0.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

This file has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I just updated to Illustrator 2020 (24.0) and now I get the below message whenever I try to save an Illustrator file I'm working on...

"This file has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue?"

I've searched the forums and found this mentioned, but only in old posts. It seems to be attributed to updating to Mac OS 10.13, but I am not using a Mac. I am using Windows 10 and the only thing I've done recently is update Illustrator to the newest version 24.0.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2019 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide your OS when positng such a question, so we can assist you better. For AI 2020 your OS should be

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) with Service Pack 1 or Windows 10* (64-bit)

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Does this hapopen if saving to a server or your hard drive or both?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 64 bit.

I am saving to a server. I have not tested it to see if saving locally eliminates the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most probably saving locally eliminates this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 1
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing is happening to me on Windows 10 64-Bit. I am not saving to a server - sole laptop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 1
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Illustrator CC 2020, Windows 10 64Bit.  EVERY TIME. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this as well as the"illustrator tried but could not save the file [filename.ai]" Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 AI 24

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this issue again. I hear it may have to do with an Esko Plugin. Anyone else having this issue and have an Esko plugin or any type of plugin installed in Illustrator?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you uninstall the plugin the issue is gone?

What does ESKO say?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Resources