• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This operation cannot complete because there isn't enough memory (RAM) available.

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the title says it all. I'm trying to place a dxf file and can't seem to do it because of this error. Any ideas?

I'm running Win10, 2.50gh i7, 8Gg ram. If it helps this is a fresh clean install of Illustrator and my first 20 minutes of owning it.

Thanks for any input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

"Not enough RAM" is a known issue that is now being worked on. There is a beta available. You would need to sign into prerelease to get it. Adobe Illustrator cc 2019 "not enough memory (RAM)" issues running on Mac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There probably really is not enough RAM available.

How large is that file? How many paths and anchors?

You might try and close any other application and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 Gb RAM and still get that message. Is that not enough RAM for Illustrator? I was building relatively uncomplicated vector street maps. The final file is like 1.7Mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Monika said, you might not have enough memory.

You can also clear out your Clipboard, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 users that are now getting this with brand new 2018 MBP's i7, 16GB of memory. They were using 2015 MBP's also with 16GB of memory and had no issues. I need to do some more digging but this is very frustrating to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not enough RAM" is a known issue that is now being worked on. There is a beta available. You would need to sign into prerelease to get it. Adobe Illustrator cc 2019 "not enough memory (RAM)" issues running on Mac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! The 2 users that were having issues also experienced the can't finish preview, not enough memory, and PS defaulted to open .ai files so I'm confident that this will resolve their issues. Thanks for sharing !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i was trying the 3D effects called extrusion and bewels. to which i recevied these same warning.

solution:

1. Clean your cache

2. check if there is any heavy software running in background.

3. if you have more than 4GB Ram still 3D effects of illustrator won't work unless you have put 3D settings in your Vram settings as priority.

4. clean clipboard and also keep less history count. 

these worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you plz help me with that,all effects are working fine in illustrator execpt 3D effect,i don't know why.How u solved this plz help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running v 25.1 and still get this error. I restarted the machine and the error persists when I open the file. Should I revert to older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too. 64gb of RAM and a fully loaded new iMac. Was working just fine, but now it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem. It just started a couple of days ago and i infuriating! I have been working from home, handling ENORMOUS Illustrator files just fine. Now, all of the sudden, it does not work for even the smallest of files. And one moment, I can work in the file...the next moment, I cannot do anything, because of this "error." Is Adobe fixing this glitch?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This specific issue is about an older version.

Since you don't have that version, please tell us the exact details: your version, your system, your hardware and the details about your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem and have tried to solve it by reseting the preferences on startup and deleting the files. Computer restart won't help and most likely will try reinstalling next.
Working on version Ai 25.2.1 with Macbook Pro 16Gb of Ram and Big Sur iOS. The file im working on is 3.3mb if that helps but considering the size of it and not having very complex project it shouldn't be a problem to my 2019 macbook to handle it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem and have tried to solve it by reseting the preferences on startup and deleting the files. Computer restart won't help and most likely will try reinstalling next.
Working on version Ai 25.2.1 with Macbook Pro 16Gb of Ram and Big Sur iOS. The file im working on is 3.3mb if that helps but considering the size of it and not having very complex project it shouldn't be a problem to my 2019 macbook to handle it?

By @SUTI

Your file shouldn't be a problem on your system. What will be a problem now is solving the other person's issue, since this threads gets more complicated with each separate issue added to it.

Please create a new thread and tell us the details about your file and what exactly you are trying to do when Illustrator throws errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'This operation cannot complete because there isn't enough memory (RAM) available.'

This error persists when I edit/move any element on Illustrator. I cleared the cache and also reset the preferences it still does'nt work. There is enough memory. 

What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen was the lst time you rebooted the computer?

Which version and system is it?

Please tell us your hardware specifications.

Please tell us the file specifications. What's in it? Does this also happen with a newly created, simple file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reboot it everyday. 

Version: 25.2.2

Hardware configuration: i7-4thgen,1tb hdd,16gb ram, nvdia graphic

It happend after i created a simple new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is any help, i just posted about this problem here: ( due to previous answer to start a new thread )

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/the-operation-cannot-complete-because-there-isn-t-enough-...

Would it be easier to follow this problem under this thread? Just so you know Swati.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

~Go To C Drive 

~Then to Program Files 

~Then Common Files

~Then to Adobe

~There will be a file named UXP

Just Change it to 00UXP

Aadi5E5A_0-1630913547983.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines