• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many layers

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please come up with a simple way to put everything on one flat layer in illustrator. I understand why in a complex illustration it might be necessary to find an individual element, but when I have a 5 letter word and it is broken into 8 layers it is VERY annoying. I have tried flatten and merge selected and they don't work. It is not always necessary to have all those layers! It's a HUGE waste of time to search for the layer I want to work on. Can't you make it a preference or option?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to what Ton suggested, I'd recommend checking out this help article.
You may also provide your suggestion or feature request on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice. This forum is monitored by product team and they might look into it for upcoming releases.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grouping may help and finding the layer of a selected object is easy using the magnifying glass (locate object) in the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to what Ton suggested, I'd recommend checking out this help article.
You may also provide your suggestion or feature request on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice. This forum is monitored by product team and they might look into it for upcoming releases.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ashutosh,

I was looking for the appropriate place to request this as a new feature, and was unable to find the appropriate place to post my idea. Thanks for the link!

Also, I read the article you referenced prior to my post, it didn't really help.

I wish it was my choice what is on each layer - like it is in other programs, like InDesign and Photoshop.

~JD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are rather talking about objects (technically speaking they are not layers) and how they are displayed in the Layers palette.

In the Layers palette flyout menu there is a command called Palette (Panel) Options. In the following Options dialog you can control how things are displayed in the Layers palette (including an option to show only layers, but no objects).

You may try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines