Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too much space around artboard

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
how do you reduce or adjust the size of the large gray area around the artboard?

benedikth64842477_0-1607785974453.pngbenedikth64842477_1-1607786087925.png

The large unused space is troublesome to me when i want to scroll in my document, because i easealy end up way past the area i am looking for while i'm scrolling. I know there are lots of other functions to get to the desired area, but i rather want to fix this issue than to change my workflow.

I hope someone has solution for this.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

This is the first time I've ever heard someone voice this concern. And I'm afraid there is no answer. 

By default, Illustrator has an approximately 227" X 227" work area. And I've never come across a way to make it smaller. Actually a recent feature makes it possible to increase this work area by up to 10 times. Why? It allows users to work on projects that are huge in size without have to scale down their work. 

My only suggestion to you is if get lot in the great expanse of the work area, pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot reduce this space, it is there so you can make more artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I've ever heard someone voice this concern. And I'm afraid there is no answer. 

By default, Illustrator has an approximately 227" X 227" work area. And I've never come across a way to make it smaller. Actually a recent feature makes it possible to increase this work area by up to 10 times. Why? It allows users to work on projects that are huge in size without have to scale down their work. 

My only suggestion to you is if get lot in the great expanse of the work area, press Command + 0 (Mac) or Control + 0 (Windows) which will fit your active artboard perfectly centered in your screen.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,
thank you for your answer. I did feared it might be as you say and of course i see the reasoning behind the large work area. Guess control+0 is the way forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines