• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar disappearing in Illustrator 2019

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a file in Adobe Illustrator 2019 (version 23.0.6) there is no toolbar, and if I try to select the "Advanced" or "Basic" toolbar option it says "Operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [CANT]". Resetting the workspace doesn't help.

I tried uninstalling adobe illustrator and reinstalling it but this only made matters worse, so I returned to my backup version of Illustrator.

How do I fix this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this trouble. That's not a typical experience with Illustrator. Let me help you with it. Could you please confirm which operating system you are working on? When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

You may also try resetting Illustrator preferences manually. Preference settings are saved each time you quit the application. Crashing and unexpe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this trouble. That's not a typical experience with Illustrator. Let me help you with it. Could you please confirm which operating system you are working on? When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

You may also try resetting Illustrator preferences manually. Preference settings are saved each time you quit the application. Crashing and unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes:

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Another possible issue could be Permissions errors on Illustrator preferences folders. Here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html) are the steps to resolve that.

Let us know if this information helps or you have any further questions. We'd be happy to assist.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't work

I can't appear my toolbar in illustrator 2021, in windows 10 ,2020

no  web extensions

no any recent changes made

When did this start happening? alwayes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query. We'd be happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to help a student troubleshoot this same problem remotely. She has tried the steps above but has had no luck. Anything else we can do? 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you accidentally hit the Tab key?

Tab shows / hides toolbars and palettes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you Kiding me?

I said its about an error :operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [CAN'T]

When I open a file, new or old, there is no toolbar, and if I try to select the "Advanced" or "Basic" toolbar option it says "Operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [cant]". Resetting the workspace doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you Kiding me?

I said its about an error :operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [CAN'T]

By @Moein5E23

No, you didn't say that. At least not in this thread. This is a public forum 95% of people helping here are volunteers and do so in their spare time. So please be kind.

The forumalsois self help. The only thing we can do is tell you possible reasons (which you then have to further investigate yourself), because we can neither look inside your system, on your monitor or inside your head.

If you want Adobe Customer Care to log into your system, please contact them over there: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not trying to kid anyone. If a file is opened while the Tab key is down, you won't get any toolbars or palettes. Some people don't know that.

However, if there really is a system error the first thing to do is to re-boot your machine. If Illie still doesn't work properly you should get in touch with Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines