• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar disappears every time I reopen Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to the 2019 version of Adobe Illustrator I have not been able to save any of my toolbars. When I open a file, new or old, there is no toolbar, and if I try to select the "Advanced" or "Basic" toolbar option it says "Operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [cant]". Resetting the workspace doesn't help. I've been just remaking a custom toolbar every time I open Illustrator up again but it's getting pretty tiresome. Any idea how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you have created the toolbar, did you then save it and your layout as a custom workspace? I had something similar happening and it stopped once I made a custom workspace out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I am having the same issue, but my option to create a new workspace or reset my workspace are greyed out. Also all the defaults do nothing when I select them. I'm having to build my workspace from each individual window and bring back my toolbar and control panel everytime I open. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate this issue. Make sure that you have the most current update of Illustrator installed, Illustrator 23.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like there may be a problem with the Illustrator installation.

First try resetting preferences. How to set preferences in Illustrator

If that doesn't work, try uninstall/reinstall Illustrator.

If that doesn't work, try uninstall/reinstall using Adobe CC cleaner tool. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there please check this video hope you understand your problem...Thanks

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brigid!

I was having the exact same issue as you on my work laptop, but not on my home computer. I just want to say i got really frustrated reading other's replies below, telling you to just reset the pannels... as if that wouldn't be the first thing to try... Anyway, the way I was able to fix the issue was by un-installing and re-installing Illustrator. I still have no idea what caused it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"telling you to just reset the pannels... as if that wouldn't be the first thing to try... "

It's not the first thing everyone does. And when we don't know what someone has tried already, then we go through the list of things to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines