• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar options not working since latest CC update to 2014.1.0

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating the Illustrator to the latest version  2014.1.0 (18.1.0)  released through the Creative Cloud launch this week my toolbar does not allow me to select any of the tool options. For example my shape tool is stuck on the default for drawing rectangle. The same is true with every tool that displays the carrot arrow indicating further tool options. This issue has basically made illustrator useless to me. The keyboard shortcuts for the tools also are not opening the menus for the tool options.

Any idea what is happening?

I have already uninstalled Illustrator and tried to re-install it, but the issue still persists.

Thank you,

RDeshler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay, I have only one plugin  -- Hot Door Cad Tools 9.  Everything was working fine before the update.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Idpinc,

The empty panel looks to be getting created by hot door plugin itself.

Was any functionality in hotdoor plugin to show hide control bar earlier?

It will be a good idea to contact hot door as well for this particular issue.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay -- yes, you found the problem.  It is HotDoor that is creating the blank panel -- it can be closed by turning off the CadControl panel.  I will contact HotDoor -- I have found other strange behavior with CadTool panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HotDoor CadControl is installed in my situation as well. Turning off the CadControl panel solves the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith

Contacted HotDoor -- they say there will be an update later today.  They were aware of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My name is Brendon Cheves and I'm the lead developer on Hot Door CADtools. I wanted to clarify a couple items that have come up in this thread.

First, the empty toolbar is not a bug. CADcontrol is only populated when an applicable tool is selected or being used. To see this, simply choose the CAD Rectangle tool and you will see the toolbar populate properly.

Next, the planned update to version 9.0.3 is to fix two other panel related bugs that were introduced in the 18.1 update from Adobe earlier this week. The first bug is that Adobe broke the function call that tells CADtools the size of a widget when the panel is being rendered. This was being done at startup, but now, since 18.1, this needs to be moved to post-startup to retrieve the proper values. The visual effect is that the CADscale, CADunits, and CADaxonometric panels become very tall and unusable. We have come up with a workaround for this bug and it will be included in 9.0.3. The second bug has to do with docked panels not expanding properly. The panel is displayed as a two pixels wide. We are looking into a fix for this and, once we figure it out, it will be in 9.0.3 as well.

So, for the time being, it looks like we may need another day or two to get 9.0.3 ready. To check availability, simply choose Windows->CADtools->Check for updates...

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Brendon Cheves

Hot Door, Inc.

949-464-0300

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as RDeshler, I can't access any of the alternate tool items in the toolbar (such as ellipse tool). Clicking and holding on the tool to show the other options does nothing. Worked fine before the update, now it won't work. I'm on Window 8.1, I have no additional plugins installed, it's a default install. I also can't click the bridge launch button or change workspace button at the top. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I've tried all the options mentioned on this by the Adobe staff, but nothing works.

What on earth should I do, I'm paying for this software every month and it's not working. Very frustrated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue, no dropdowns on the toolbar working at alI! I have no plugins installed and I'm running Windows 8.1.

All was working fine prior to the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I was able to resolve this issue but only after wiping my entire system clean and re-installing all software. I imported no backup settings or preferences, just clean fresh start.

It sucks to do it that way, but it worked.

rdeshler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Illustrator then re-installed it and it worked fine for a few days, now it's just gone back to the same issue again.

Is the complete system re-install still working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legin,

Yes, everything is still working after a complete system wipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

Could you please come to the connect room for debugging?

https://my.adobeconnect.com/dmohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue right now.  No sub-meus show on the Illustrator toolbar.  I have no plugins installed. I'm on Windows 8.1.  I can't get my job done!  Help please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem, but I had a workaround - use my main laptop monitor, and not my external monitor.

But even after that work around, I'm getting more buggy behavior -- changing a stroke or fill on an object but the appearance of the object doesn't change. 

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for possibly gravedigging this thread, but the underlying problem is still ongoing.

I've discovered that the bug still exists in the latest Illustrator CC release, and only occurs when the application is maximized on non-primary monitor. That is, any monitor that is not set to primary.

I can also confirm that I'm not using any third party plugins. Graphics card is an AMD FirePro 2270 with the latest drivers. There are no problems at all when the Illustrator window is maximized on the primary monitor.

Screen_Resolution_2015-05-20_11-13-13.png

Hope this can shed some light on the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, only long pressing works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - that's the problem - AI on the non-primary monitor.  (CC2015 update just installed)

However, there is a workaround apart from changing monitor configuration.

Hold down alt and click the button and you can cycle through the available tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In going through a trouble-shooting session with an Adobe rep (for the previous release of Illustrator), they revealed that this - having illustrator open on an external monitor connected by HDMI - is a known bug that prevents access to tool sub-menus. Pretty bummed this remains in the newest release as well, but this work-around is solid - cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oliver Br's solution worked for me. Windows 8.1 No Plugins, clean install of CC 2015 with all updated drivers for my NVDIA Graphics Card. Would only work maximized on my primary screen. Alt-Click worked for me as well as changing primary screens. It is an annoyance but at least I can get work done.

Once again the Adobe boards were more helpful than Adobe support. You guys rock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oliver Br - Thanks!!!

Your post just saved me from uninstalling & reinstalling Illustrator.

I was experiencing the same issue with Illustrator CC2015 on Windows 8.1 running dual monitors, and opening the app on the secondary screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys try long pressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and then I tried was Oliver Br said, I moved it to by primary monitor and all submenus worked!

Good luck everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to have found this post -- I'm using dual monitors and the toolbar only expands on my primary monitor

Alt + [ tool ] works most of the time (not always).

Looking forward to the permanent fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I had the same problem! illustrator can't display correctly if you have a second monitor,just open llustrator in your MAIN display aaaand thats all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid to upgrade this week, installed Cadtools, and now I have no menu bar whatsoever. . . I emailed hot door support, let's hope they have a fix for this soon. Without my toolbar I'm up a bit of a creek ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines