• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbars and windows no longer opening on Illustrator startup

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first installed illustrator it would open up a number of toolbars and useful windows by default. Now, when I open up illustrator I only see the artboard. How can I restore the default settings for this?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Can you please show a screenshot?

You can always try if resetting the preferences helps by renaming the folder. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Usually it will be opened in the state you last closed it.

If that doesn't work for you, then there is still something wrong with your installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screenshot?

You can always try if resetting the preferences helps by renaming the folder. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see when I start up illustrator and open a new file. No toolbars, no windows. I have to manually open all the toolbars and windows I need.screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you rename the preferences folder - does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did bring back the default toolbars and windows. Thank you. Is there a way to set which tools and windows I want illustrator to open on startup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually it will be opened in the state you last closed it.

If that doesn't work for you, then there is still something wrong with your installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reaching out. We're glad your issue has been resolved.

We'd request you to check out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/workspace-basics.html) to know how you can manage your workspace in Adobe Illustrator.

Additionally, you may try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) if you have such issues further.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines