• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools and panels keep disappearing

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so for the past week I have been having this problem that when I open Illustrator(2020 version) everything is missing, see image below:Capture.JPG

I have no idea why this happening and I have tried clicking 'tab' but nothing happened. I also tried changing the workspace type but it is stuck on 'essentials' and also tried resetting the workspace like I saw in other threads but the option to reset is grayed out. The only thing that works is going in  'window' and adding back every single thing which is tedious in itself because 1- I have to put everything is a specific layout that I've had for over a year now lol and 2- it is still stuck on essentials when I try changing it to essentials classic. Even when I do all this everything disappears when I close illustrator and open it again later on(note: sometimes I don't even close illustrator it just has me save everything before closing by itself). I don't know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it. Any help will be great, Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Well, it's probably fair to say that you have a major issue with hardware accelerated functions and you need to straighten them out. Update your system's graphics driver, check the respective options in AI, trash the prefes to restore factory defaults.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it's probably fair to say that you have a major issue with hardware accelerated functions and you need to straighten them out. Update your system's graphics driver, check the respective options in AI, trash the prefes to restore factory defaults.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines