• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Total Rookie so please be gentle...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I am taking my 6YO Granddaughter to Disney in November for her first every trip and hope to create special Tshirts for our family.

I was thinking of trying to use the Ellipse Tool to create a Mickey Mouse Head shape.  But, what I want to do is Actually spell her name and the date of the rip on the Outline of the Ellipses so that the shape of the head is the name of the trip, the year (2021) and the name of the person wearing the shirt.

I have created the ellipese shape I want but have no idea how to put the letters and numbers over the shape.  

Please be gentle.  I am much better in Excel than graphics programs...

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this reply.

I have a version that has the text inside of the "Ellipses".  But what I want to do is make the large Mickey head Circle out of the Text "Adalynn's First Trip to Walt Disney World"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you want the text to fill the shape including the ears?  It might be easier to put the child's name inside the center of the head / ears, put the name of the trip  at the top between the ears, and the date centered below the entire head / ears graphic.  Not sure if you mean putting all of the text inside of the entire head / ears?  Do you have a sketch of your idea you could show us?  Usually when you put text inside a shape, it has to be alot of words so you create the illusion of the shape.  You could do what you want and there are a few ways you can do it using Pathfinder and / or Envelope Distort > Make with Top Object.  Or, you could run the text along a Path that follows the shape. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for not being clear.  I am probably really stepping too far outside of my expertise zone on this.

What I would like to do is use the Statement of "Adalynn's First Walt Disney World Trip" to be in the shape of the Circle that makes up the large Circle of the Disney Head.

Then I would put 2021 inside the circle that is the right ear and Each individuals name (Adalynn is the longest name) inside the Circle that is the left ear.  

Does that make more sense.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I have done what I have in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a screenshot of what you have already? You can use the insert image button (10th from left in the reply header) to show us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adalynn Disney Tshirt 2021.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did but it looks to plain for me.  If I can take the Text inside of the big circle and lay it out to actually become the Big circle is my goal. 

i just found a tutorial in Word that allows me to bend text.  Hoping I can save that as an image and import into illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

default,

As I (mis)understand it, for the main shape:

1) Create the ellipse/circle (you have already);

2) Use the Type on a Path Tool, see Help page below with further links to explain/show in different ways, and type the Adalynn's First (Walt(?)) Disney World Trip; you can use centring and start at the top Anchor Point of the ellipse/circle, but you can also just move the text along the ellipse/circle after typing,

3) If you wish to see the position of the ellipse/circle from 1) clearly when you adjust in 4), deselect and then switch to the Direct Selection Tool (you can press the A key) and Click the ellipse somewhere away from the text;

4) Switch to the (normal) Selection Tool (you can press the V key) and adjust Font size to fit the (length of the) ellipse/circle and adjust vertical alignment if you wish to move the text inwards/outwards, 

https://helpx.adobe.com/search-results.html?q=type+on+a+path+illustrator&scope=%5B%22helpx%22%5D&sub...

Concerning the text within each ear, you can simply type the year/name, then use the Align palette to centre it, and you can rotate it to a suitable angle, maybe parallel with the text on the large ellipse/circle where the ear circle meets the it (tangent).

You may very well need to make final adjustments by eye to the alignment and positioning of the different texts to have everything look right: what looks right is right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines