• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trace/paint

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still just trying to learn how to use AI.  Sometimes I get pretty frustrated because I can't find the tool suggested in various online videos.  😞 This is what I'm trying to learn today.

Drawing/painting over a photo to create a new image. I'm really confused about how to find a simple brush that I can decide how wide and just draw a shape and it colors it with my color choice.  I keep clicking the basic brush and when I go to paint, it changes to another brush.  I can then click the thing I drew to change it back, but obviously, I'm doing something wrong. I'm just looking for a simple shape that doesn't change shape on me if that makes sense. For example, I want to trace the nose and it stays that size/shape vs getting all funky.  Thanks.

Copy of Copy of can dogs eat radishes .jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Many tools are grouped. You should be able to find the Pencil tool by clicking on the Paintbrush tool in the Tools panel.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Basic" is not a brush. It deletes an existing brush.

But the brush tool cannot draw without a brush applied. So it will always select one.

Use the pencil tool if you want to draw without a brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I see a pen tool.  That seems to make paths, click, etc.  Is there a pencil tool that I can select and draw?  Thank you for your help and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the advanced toolbar in Window > Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many tools are grouped. You should be able to find the Pencil tool by clicking on the Paintbrush tool in the Tools panel.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  That helped!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blob tool seems to work well.  Is there a way to make the tool smaller?  Or larger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than the .25 pt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Blob brush selected, use the left and right straight bracket keys [ ] to make the size smaller/larger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The modifier keys might vary depending on the installed language. And if Illustrator language and system language/keyboard language don't match, you might run into modifiers not working at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines