• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfering Arabic Word document to Illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I RECEIVED ARABIC TRANSLATION IN WORD FORMAT , WHEN IT WAS PASTED IN ILLUSTRATOR , THE TEXT DIRECTIONS AND FONT WERE AS PER ARABIC AND  AS PER IN WORD DOCUMENT , BUT ONLY THE NUMERICALS IN THE TEXT CHANGED THE DRIECTION , I.E 50 IN THE WORD DOCUMENT PASTED IN ILLUSTRATOR AS 05 , BUT THE POINT NUMBERING FOR EACH PARAGRAPH THAT WERE IN ENGLISH NUMBERING  GOT PASTED IN ARABIC.

IS THERE ANY SETTING FOR NUMERCIALS AS IT IS PASTED AND NOT CHANGE ?? NEED HELP TO RESOLVE THIS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of Copy and Paste, what happens when you choose File > Place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot for your reply ,  I tried the place option , but still only the Arabic numerical changes  in English changes from 50 to 05 and in some cases numerical which are in English change to Arabic numerical  . The Arabic text matches .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely, placing the file gives better results as Illustrator will run Microsoft Office filter, so try what jane-e​ suggested.

If the problem persists, then you need to tell us whether you have a Middle Eastern Illustrator on not because you need Paragraph Directions control and Character Direction control that are found in the Paragraph and Character panels' fly-out menu and these are only available in the Illustrator version that supports Arabic.

RTL-options.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply , I have Adobe Illustrator CC 18.1 64 bit software and also 22.1 64 bit . I do not have the setting as shown in Character and Paragraph of Directions in my version . I guess I do not have the Middle eastern Illustrator .  How can I upgrade ,  Will I have to buy a separate middle eastern illustrator  version?   If I install or upgrade to include middle eastern illustrator , will I be able to use it as English direction .  Please guide so that I am able to get exact replica of the word document when placed in illustrator , which will align with respect to text direction , numerical direction  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvind.

Make sure to check the Show Indic Options inside Preferences > Type > Language Options.

Show Indic Options.png

Don't forget to check the Middle Eastern & South Asian Single-Line Composer inside the Paragraph > Menu Settings.

Paragraph Options.png

Choose the Arabic Font Type, and start typing using On-Screen Keyboard or Physical Keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your guidance , I installed the Arabic , Hebrew version as suggested . I am still getting differences in text in the word document and when placed in  illustrator  , find below when comparison is done in proofing software , Some character changes , even numercials change  , find below a few examples highlighted in green. Request you all to help me as I am spending too much of my time manually checking and correcting the errors .

Linospan Arabic errors_Page_01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Arvind,

It is good that you included screenshots so as we inspect the issue better. As an Arabic speaker myself, I didn't see any differences between the PDF file and Word document, however the font is different which may confuse non-Arabic speaker and feels there is something different.

The green highlighted words وفيما and غير are the same as far as I can see in Word and in PDF! Is there any thing else that you doubt in your final document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Zaid ,

thanks so much for your reply , We do  proof reading of word document  against PDF in software.

This changes in fonts show too many differences in the software which we cannot ignore as we do not understand the language  .

I want to highlight regarding the fonts . The word document has Arabic characters in Times New Roman Font , but when the same text is placed in Adobe Illustrator , the font shown in illustrator is Adobe Arabic and I am not able to change the Font from Adobe Arabic to any other font .

Is this the reason for changes in text ??  Do I need to have separate Arabic fonts in Illustrator ,  How and from where can I get the Arabic fonts . Which are the majorly used fonts in Arabic that I need to install ??

Thanks once again for all your guidance .

Arvind S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use separate Arabic fonts, definitely. And in Word, definitely. Word will pick a substitute font without warning, leading people to assume fonts contain an alphabet when they actually don’t .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Arvind,

I believe you're a subscriber to Adobe CC, if so then you have access to Typekit fonts including below Arabic fonts…

Adelle Sans Arabic

Adobe Arabic

Athelas Arabic

Myriad Arabic

AwanZaman

Our company "Grapheast" is a leading Arabic fonts developer, you have LinoType that also sell Arabic fonts, however I think you will do well with the free Adobe Typekit fonts I listed above. The good thing about Typekit fonts, they will appear in MS. Word fonts menu so you can use the same font in Illustrator and Word, well at least this is what I was able to do on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to buy another license for the Arabic support. You can simply follow instructions on this post of how to add another Illustrator (older or newer version) that supports Arabic to the existing International English version which you have currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zaid,

I am sorry for the delayed response , Can you please guide , how to proceed to install the ME version .

Do I have to uninstall and install ME version , will it not ask for a key . ??

I have licensed version  Adobe Illustrator CC 18.1 64 bit software and also 22.1 64 bit .

Step by step guideline to install Adobe will be of great help as I will have to share your comment to my IT team as they will be doing the changes I need

I have observed when the Arabic text from word document were placed in illustrator in English version  , many Arabic text got elongated  , and the numericals in the word document changed from 50 to 05 and in some cases  , the point numbering in English changed to Arabic .

Hope when I install the ME version both the above scenarios will be resolved ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvind,

As Jane mentioned, please try to Place the file instead of Copy > Paste. Apart from that, there are a few more things which you should keep in mind while working with the Arabic Text:

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvind,

First, uninstall English version and then install ME version, steps are shared in my earlier post.

srishtib8795206  wrote

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting text that you need open type menu then fonts and then select arabic font. I think it will work. I had the same problem with Armenian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply Mariam . I cannot select fonts in Illustrator as it shows only one font Adobe Arabic , when the Arabic word document in Times new Roman font was placed in Illustrator , the font changed to Adobe Arabic .   Will your suggestion help in keeping the text same as is in the word document . Actually I am not clear of the steps you are recommending ,  My whole document has bold , un bold texts , numercials , symbols . IF I select the whole text and try to change font , it will change the whole text it will no longer have separate bold, unbold texts . I do not want to change the font styles from the original . can you share some screen shots if you can it will help a lot in understanding .  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello same thing here. I got the indic and Middle eastern, but my issue is the dots the and qoutes?. i will try the place. im using cc 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines