• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transferring files in-between illustrator and procreate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community, I am an artist that is struggling to find a good way to move a png file from illustrator to the app procreate and was hoping for some guidance. I want the png format so I can use alpha lock to just draw inside my text in procreate, but really want it to stay sharp and crisp! The file I attached was originally created in illustrator and moved to procreate to create the yellow rays. The quality isnt complete trash I was just hoping to improve it if I could. Any help would be so appreciated! ❤️ 🙂

TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Make sure your ai file is set up with pixels as units, and that the artboard you will export the png from is a large enough size that the png you output has got the right pixel size for the size board you have set up in procreate.

Use the 'pixel preview' in illustrator to ensure that your lines are thick enough etc, especially if they are not totally 90º as in your example it all looks like 1px lines that are not 90º so you'll always get some jaggy looking lines, like drawing on sqaured paper in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure your ai file is set up with pixels as units, and that the artboard you will export the png from is a large enough size that the png you output has got the right pixel size for the size board you have set up in procreate.

Use the 'pixel preview' in illustrator to ensure that your lines are thick enough etc, especially if they are not totally 90º as in your example it all looks like 1px lines that are not 90º so you'll always get some jaggy looking lines, like drawing on sqaured paper in the real world.

also when you import the png into procreate make sure to you have scale set as 'uniform' and also have magnetics 'on' so you dont accidentally rotate it slightly as that will mess your straight lines up to.

finally is this definitely a job for procreate? the design you show looks like it would maybe all be better off just being done in illustrator and keeping it all vector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines