Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform a serie of shapes in one gradient

Participant ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

So I have a picture that I vectorize that include gradients in some parts (sky etc.). Due to the vectorisation, those gradients get divided in couple shapes with different colors. I want to merge those shapes into a an only one shape automatically colored with a gradient. I tried the Compound Path tool but it didn't do what I expected.

Example :

I have this serie of shape that comes from a gradient in a picture I vectorized :

Annotation 2020-04-20 161035.png

Then I used Pathfinder to convert those shape into an only one and then apply manually a gradient onto it to recreate as best as I can the original gradient :

Annotation 2020-04-20 161231.png

It works fine but it's pretty annoying to loose that musch time and that's why I wanna know if there's a tool to make it quicker (maybe from the vectorization itself ?)

Thank you very much for your help !

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

"Then I used Pathfinder to convert those shape into an only one and then apply manually a gradient onto it to recreate as best as I can the original gradient :"

That is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Then I used Pathfinder to convert those shape into an only one and then apply manually a gradient onto it to recreate as best as I can the original gradient :"

That is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so there's no other solution ?

I expected more from Illustrator  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creating a compound path via the object menu (Object > Compound Path > Make or Ctrl+8) and then applying the gradient is the way I do it in CS6.   It's the way Deke McClelland did it in CS tutorials. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines