Transform and Align Panel

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Illustrator 2021 and have found a couple of things I don't like. 

In the previous version when I would click on an item the transform tool was open directly on the second line. Now each time I have to click the transform button, this creates many extra steps. I also noticed that the full align tool is not visable, again creating extra steps. 

Can these two items be changed like in the previous version?

Thanks in advance. 

Gary

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transform and Align Panel

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Illustrator 2021 and have found a couple of things I don't like. 

In the previous version when I would click on an item the transform tool was open directly on the second line. Now each time I have to click the transform button, this creates many extra steps. I also noticed that the full align tool is not visable, again creating extra steps. 

Can these two items be changed like in the previous version?

Thanks in advance. 

Gary

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'on the second line'? Are we talking about the control bar?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes control bar, I was sitting there trying to think of the name...old age
set in..lol
*Gary*

personal details removed by moderator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some updates, minor UI changes and the introduction of new options have resulted in these options being 'collapsed' into buttons.

The only solution is to expand the size of your Illustrator window or click on the options at the far riht of the control bar and remove settings you won't use until the ones you want to use appear again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 0
Resources