'Transform Each' shortcut only not working

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello hellooo,

Am on Illustrator CC.

All other keyboard shortcuts work.

Can use 'Transform Each' from the menu (Object > Transform > Transform Each).

But just the keyboard shortcut for it doesn't work.

What gives?  : /

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'Transform Each' shortcut only not working

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello hellooo,

Am on Illustrator CC.

All other keyboard shortcuts work.

Can use 'Transform Each' from the menu (Object > Transform > Transform Each).

But just the keyboard shortcut for it doesn't work.

What gives?  : /

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing and reopening Illustrator. If that doesn't work, try resetting preferences How to set preferences in Illustrator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...

I reset the prefs by deleting the file as it said in your link. The preferences seem to have reset, but my issue remains...

Thanks Barbara for that idea though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2018 0
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to uninstall/reinstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner tool. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2018 1
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your preferences and restart your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2018 0
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

Nope...

I reset the prefs by deleting the file as it said in your link. The preferences seem to have reset, but my issue remains...

Thanks Barbara for that idea though.

Do you have an object selected?

If so: what kind of object?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did tried everything you guys suggest but problem still.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2018 0
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Mac or Windows?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try assigning a custom keyboard shortcut to the command. Something unique and see if it works. If it does, you might be running into a conflict with another application or the OS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same problem as well. It's been happening for a few weeks now and was really frustrating. However, I found that giving it a new keyboard shortcut (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts) fixed the problem. I used Alt+Shift+Ctrl+T, which makes more sense anyway. It overwrote a shortcut for Open Type that I don't use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and make sure that "Illustrator Defaults" is chosen from the set menu at the top of the window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2018 1
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long bump. But has anyone got any new tips for the issue of Alt+Shift+Ctrl+D Transform each stopping working, mine started with the new CC2020 release. I have tried all of the above to no avail. All help graciously recieved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same issue and it's driving me crazy. That seems to be the only shortcut affected. I'm so sick of CC bugs, I rand CS6 for years with next to zero problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 2
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts > Menu Commands > Object menu > Transform. What do you see as the shortcut for Transform Each? Cmd+Option+Shift+D is working here in Illustrator 24.2.3.

~ Jane

jane-e_1-1598982107722.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
ptward13 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 24.3, and that was the shorcut in my version as well. It's the default shortcut and I've used it for years until it stopped working a few weeks ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Resources