• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform positioning is incorrect

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have placed an object on my canvas and want to specify x-0. But when I do, it drags the entire object way off the canvas.When I move the object manually (which is not as precise as I need to be) Illustrator decides the entire thing is at x---2734.144 m.  I've been using Illustrator for over 20 years and this only began in the most recent update or two. I have attached a screenshot to show where the canvas starts, where the object starts (which is less than 1mm from the corner) and what the transform position is showing.

I have tried to delete 'stray points' and it sometimes works, but today is not. Does anyone have an idea as to how to correct this? It's been driving me nuts for a week.

I also continue to have an issue where if I type in 1.25 inches in the transform box, Illustrator will frequently change it by a small fraction. So 1.25 in might become 1.2499 in.  I've seen this issue posted before and claims that it was fixed in a recent update, but am still having the same trouble, even after clearing all of my settings and preferences.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your artboard settings? The ruler's zero is relative to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

x=0

It's not all layers doing this. Just some artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an example file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't, unfortunately. This is confidential at the moment, but it happens all the time.

I have to rebuild my file and it seems unnecessary. Again, I've been using Illustrator since 1998 and the past 2-3 weeks is the first time anything like this has started to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it happens all the time, can you create a demo file with the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you double click on the intersection of the rulers to reset the zero point?

And are your rulers Global or Artboard Rulers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines