Highlighted

transparancy issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image I've brought in and am trying to make the background transparent. I have done the whole image trace, then click expand part. But when I click on the parts I'd like to delete instead of it being transparent underneath it's grey! My image is basically a grey stag head in the middle of intertwined lines like a wreath around it.  Unfortunately, no other layers are available for me to see whats going on.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

transparancy issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image I've brought in and am trying to make the background transparent. I have done the whole image trace, then click expand part. But when I click on the parts I'd like to delete instead of it being transparent underneath it's grey! My image is basically a grey stag head in the middle of intertwined lines like a wreath around it.  Unfortunately, no other layers are available for me to see whats going on.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attachments don't work. Please embed the images in your post via the forum's web interface

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try.  not quite sure how

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will give you the result you are seeking but it is worth a try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nifUx0KIji8

Hope this helps!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis might work with a compound path, but I'm not sure, because it depends on what exactly is there.

So what you could try is:

select all

take the live paint tool (shapebuilder won't produce good results)

fill the white parts with "None"

Expand

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the earlier response correct. You may also share your solution if you did something else to resolve the problem. This will help other users with the similar situation.

If you still have not resolved this, would you mind sharing a small video of the workflow so that we can understand it and help you out? Please share version of Illustrator and OS as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
Resources