Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transparency in shapes

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can someone please tell me how to make a triangle transparent so just the lines of the outside and inside the triangle are visible, I have tried but I can only make it transparent with the lines inside the triangle disappearing too.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What lines? You need to be much more specific and properly explain what you are actualyl doing. If you are using a specific pattern fill or whatever it may need to be expanded, assuming it's not pixel based, but otherwise your post really doesn't allow anyone to make much sense of it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A triangle is just a three segment path. If you have other lines inside that triangle check that they are unrelated (independent) or part of a filling. Thus change View to Outlines to check they are lines, paths, not expanded strokes.

Can you select them separately? Do they have a fill cilor?

To make the fills transparent you may remove the color or pattern used, in the Appearance panel lower their transparency to 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you show us any visuals similar to the triangle outcome your are trying to create?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use this on a third party website to print a shirt, but instead of getting them to print the entire larger triangle, I want to print this on a white shirt, and I only want to boarders of the triangles and the writing inside of them if that makes sense

3EDE7FEE-0871-4347-8BE8-246250171396.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by "Lines," you mean Strokes, you can do the following:

1. Select your object, and in the Appearance panel (Window > Appearance), click on the Stroke listing
  2. Click the disclosure arrow to the left of the of the Stroke listing to reveal Opacity
  3. Change the Opacity Percentage to make just the Stroke Transparent
  4. You could also change the Blending Modes used for the Transparency by clicking the arrow to the right of the "Normal" Blending Mode

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 4.27.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan,

The photo seems to show simple triangles, each with a stroke and no fill, full opacity/no transparency.

How about just using that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make the area inside the triangles transparent so that it can be digitally printed without the white being printed also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they have no fill, there will be nothing to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ryan,

You can use the View dropdown and then tick Show Grid or Transparency Grid and hopefully see through the unfilled area inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines