• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Triangles showing outside shape boundaries at anchor points. What the heck?

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the strangest issue with the new CC Iluustrator. I'm noticing that when I zoom in super close to ajust the handles on corner anchor points, there are oftern weird outlying shapes (triangular) that sit beside the shape. It's happening in several of my files and seems to be an issue when there are sharp, acute angles. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix this? I hope my screen shots make sense. I selected the shape so you can see the blue outline and the weird "ghost triangle" next to it.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Looks like a GPU Preview problem.

Try switching with Cmd E or Ctrl E between GPU and CPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a GPU Preview problem.

Try switching with Cmd E or Ctrl E between GPU and CPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, yeah, that did the trick in this file. Is it possible to explain to me why CPU previews correctly vs GPU? I just want to understand it better. Thank you very much for your quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see already that moving my way around the file is now quite sticky and jumpy. And scrubby zoom no longer functions. Are those the main differences with CPU preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/gpu-performance-preview-improvements.html

GPU Preview is much faster, but sometimes less accurate.

But it is just a preview, it does not affect print or export (as far as I've seen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ton Frederiks Thanks for this reply, much appreciated! I fail to see how this is a solution by any mean to the viewing issues which exist within illustrator. Having GPU Performance checked allows for a much more free-flowing design experience. It seems silly to me that in order to not have glitches and bugs, the user needs to downgrade their experience and mitigate their workflow. I guess what I'm saying is, this is a bandaid and doesnt really address the issue with Adobe Illustrator. I've chatted with tech support and their answer is the same, which just feels like a dead end..... I'm curious what your thoughts are on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines